From:
Garrett Lanzy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garrett Lanzy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:24:13 -0600
Richard McAdoo <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>For those who know the area intimately, what should we look to do in the
>area?  (Besides travelling to Toronto or Niagara Falls, which others have
>mentioned?)

Rick (et al),

If you're willing to do a little driving, there are some *great* wineries
within a reasonable drive of Buffalo.... and winery touring is a lot of fun!

For more info, check out:

http://www.nywine.com/winecountry/mapcenter.asp

The Lake Erie wineries are about an hour south of Buffalo,
and the Finger Lakes region starts about 2 hours east of
Buffalo.

Make sure to check websites, as some of the wineries may not be
open on Fridays this early in the season.  (However, they are
usually more than happy to make exceptions if you call in advance.)

Feel free to contact me via e-mail if you have any questions (I am
more familiar with the Finger Lakes wineries).

Garrett