From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:48:03 -0500
With two conferences, Hockey East and the CHA, finishing their tournaments
last weekend, we have our first two winners in the Pick the Post-season
Tournaments Contest #2.  As in Contest #1, tiebreakers were needed to
decide both.

Eight people tied for the lead in Hockey East with five points each:
Patrick Lethert, Jim Dixon, Jennifer Iwen, Craig Roberts, Christian Danish,
Terry Casper, Dan Zeuske, and Thom Davis.  Patrick beat out the others for
the top spot thanks to the championship game score tiebreaker.

In the CHA, Jennifer Iwen, Charlie Shub, and Mark Lewin tied with four
points each, and Jennifer won the tiebreaker with an exact pick of the
championship game score.

In the overall race, Charlie Shub is setting the pace with 27 points.

Scoring reminder:  Each correct winner you pick in each round earns you one
point.  There is no bonus in a first-round/quarterfinal series for picking
the number of games that the series lasts.

Here is the scoring so far,
overall and for each conference.  Also included are the scores for the
predictions by the USCHO staff and a "Higher Seed" entry, showing what
would have happened if the higher seed for each game or series had been
picked to win.

Overall
NAME                   TOTAL
Charlie Shub            27
Mark Lewin              26
Jennifer Iwen           25
Mike Brown              25
Terry Casper            25
Craig Powers            25
Patrick Lethert         24
Jim Dixon               24
James Edwards           24
Tony Buffa              24
Matt Sullivan           24
Dan Zeuske              24
Craig Roberts           23
Andy Weise              23
Ross Belfiori           23
Dan McMurrer            23
Bob Fitta               23
Bill Fenwick            23
Nathan Hampton          23
John Edwards            23
William Sangrey         23
* Bill Krebs            15
* Brian Wilantowicz     11
* Christian Danish      10
* Rita-Ann Monde        10
* Benjamin J. Flickinger 9
* Thom Davis             9
* Thomas Bednarek        8
* Deron Treadwell        8
* Mike Larson            4

USCHO                   25
Higher Seed             24

* Did not submit picks for all conferences

Hockey East                  Tiebreaker 1
NAME                   TOTAL  Score Pts
Patrick Lethert          5     3-1   3
Jim Dixon                5     3-2   4
Jennifer Iwen            5     3-2   4
Craig Roberts            5     4-2   5
Christian Danish         5     4-3   6
Terry Casper             5     4-3   6
Dan Zeuske               5     4-3   6
Thom Davis               5     4-3   6
Tony Buffa               4
Rita-Ann Monde           4
Nathan Hampton           4
Brian Wilantowicz        4
Charlie Shub             4
John Edwards             4
Ross Belfiori            4
James Edwards            4
Matt Sullivan            4
Andy Weise               4
Mike Brown               4
Benjamin J. Flickinger   4
William Sangrey          4
Mark Lewin               4
Thomas Bednarek          3
Craig Powers             3
Dan McMurrer             3
Bob Fitta                2
Bill Fenwick             2
Deron Treadwell          2

USCHO                    6
Higher Seed              4

CHA                         Tiebreaker 1
NAME                   TOTAL  Score Pts
Jennifer Iwen            4     3-2   0
Charlie Shub             4     4-2   1
Mark Lewin               4     5-4   4
Bob Fitta                3
Craig Powers             3
James Edwards            3
Terry Casper             3
Dan McMurrer             3
Bill Fenwick             3
Bill Krebs               2
Mike Brown               2
Nathan Hampton           2
John Edwards             2
Matt Sullivan            2
William Sangrey          2
Dan Zeuske               1
Tony Buffa               1
Ross Belfiori            1
Jim Dixon                1
Andy Weise               1

USCHO                    3
Higher Seed              2

ECAC                            CCHA
NAME                   TOTAL    NAME                TOTAL
Brian Wilantowicz        7      Craig Powers          6
Rita-Ann Monde           6      Ross Belfiori         6
Deron Treadwell          6      Mike Brown            6
Bob Fitta                6      Bill Fenwick          6
Tony Buffa               6      Tony Buffa            6
Bill Fenwick             6      Nathan Hampton        6
Jim Dixon                6      Andy Weise            6
Mike Brown               6      Dan Zeuske            6
Ross Belfiori            6      Bill Krebs            6
Jennifer Iwen            6      Terry Casper          6
Charlie Shub             6      Bob Fitta             5
Nathan Hampton           5      John Edwards          5
Christian Danish         5      Jennifer Iwen         5
Benjamin J. Flickinger   5      Craig Roberts         5
Dan McMurrer             5      Patrick Lethert       5
Matt Sullivan            5      James Edwards         5
Andy Weise               5      Matt Sullivan         5
William Sangrey          5      William Sangrey       5
John Edwards             5      Mark Lewin            5
Craig Powers             5      Charlie Shub          5
Mark Lewin               5      Dan McMurrer          4
James Edwards            5      Jim Dixon             4
Dan Zeuske               5
Thomas Bednarek          5      USCHO                 5
Terry Casper             5      Higher Seed           5
Patrick Lethert          4
Craig Roberts            4
Thom Davis               4

USCHO                    5
Higher Seed              5

WCHA                            MAAC
NAME                   TOTAL    NAME                   TOTAL
Jim Dixon                5      Charlie Shub             4
Matt Sullivan            5      Dan McMurrer             4
Dan Zeuske               4      Craig Powers             4
Charlie Shub             4      Mark Lewin               4
Patrick Lethert          4      Bob Fitta                4
Mike Brown               4      Tony Buffa               4
Mike Larson              4      Bill Krebs               4
James Edwards            4      Jim Dixon                3
Dan McMurrer             4      Matt Sullivan            3
Craig Powers             4      Dan Zeuske               3
William Sangrey          4      Patrick Lethert          3
John Edwards             4      Mike Brown               3
Bill Fenwick             4      James Edwards            3
Craig Roberts            4      William Sangrey          3
Mark Lewin               4      John Edwards             3
Andy Weise               4      Andy Weise               3
Bob Fitta                3      Nathan Hampton           3
Tony Buffa               3      Ross Belfiori            3
Nathan Hampton           3      Terry Casper             3
Bill Krebs               3      Bill Fenwick             2
Ross Belfiori            3      Craig Roberts            2
Terry Casper             3      Jennifer Iwen            2
Jennifer Iwen            3
                                USCHO                    2
USCHO                    4      Higher Seed              3
Higher Seed              5

Bill Fenwick                                                 DJF   5/27/94
Cornell '86 and '95                                          JCF   12/2/97
LET'S GO RED!!
My wife says I pay more attention to hockey than I do to our marriage, which
is of course ridiculous... after all, we've been together for 11 seasons...