From:
Thom Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 22:18:07 -0500
Bentley College responded to their late-game collapse at AIC last night
with a solid 5-0 home win over AIC tonight. In unheated John B. Ryan rink
in Watertown, this may have been the coldest hockey game that I have
attended since outdoor games at UNH in the late 50s/early 60s
(pre-Snively). My fingers were too numb to write down anything other than
the goals scored. Attendance: about 100; with no cases of hypothermia,
which is amazing. Simon St. Pierre earned his 3rd shut-out of the year.
Three-assist night for Joe Lovell.

1st period: 12:15 Goodwin (Thompson, Lessnau)
2nd period: 16:30 Mayhew (Downes, Lovell)
17:28 Goodwin (unassisted)
3rd period: 6:05 Markanian (Lovell, Peters)
8:23 DeLong (Mayhew, Lovell)

Depending on outcome of Quinnipiac-Mercyhurst game tonight, Bentley will
be either tied or alone in second place of the MAAC. Of course, Mercyhurst
has a bunch MAAC games in hand. Bentley's next three games are away at
Canisius, Mercyhurst, and Quinnipiac. Go Falcons!

Thom Davis, UNH72