Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:28:46 -0700
"call detroit, tell them 'Bullshit'" seems appropriate

> Date:         Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:23:11 -0500
> From: Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: 2010 Frozen Four
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Speaking in terms of Detroit (as opposed to a living room or bar in another
> city), Hockeytown right across the street from Ford Field is a pretty nice
> place.  Of course, that might be a tad crowded despite its large size.  I am
> not real familiar with the restaurants in the area.
>
> That area has become an entertainment district with the Comerica Park
> (Tigers), Fox Theater, Gem Theater and others being right there with Ford
> Field.  Some day Ilitch (the owner of the Red Wings and Tigers) might get
> his wish to build a new hockey arena over there, too.
>
> I'm not sure where the closest PeopleMover (monorail around downtown)
> station is.  The best bet might be hopping on it and heading to a different
> part of downtown, like Greektown.
>
> Of course, if you are planning on staying away...
>
> Doug Peterson
>
> On 23 Jan 2009 at 18:31, David Parter wrote:
>
> > Basically it will guarantee that the best seat in the house is in your
> > living room.
>
> So, where should we have the hockey-l NC$$ 2010 party? I'm sure we can
> find a convenient inexpensive venue with large-screen HD TVs... good
> food and drinks...
>
>      --david

NOTE:  ALL UCCS TELEPHONE PREFIXES HAVE CHANGED FROM 262 TO 255

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon   | charlie shub                (719) 255-3492
 \ /  Campaign Against | [log in to unmask]        (mobile) 761-8778
  X    HTML in e-mail  | http://cs.uccs.edu/~cdash   (fax) 255-3369
 / \      and news     | University of Colorado at Colorado Springs