From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 20:23:11 -0500
Speaking in terms of Detroit (as opposed to a living room or bar in another
city), Hockeytown right across the street from Ford Field is a pretty nice
place.  Of course, that might be a tad crowded despite its large size.  I am
not real familiar with the restaurants in the area.

That area has become an entertainment district with the Comerica Park
(Tigers), Fox Theater, Gem Theater and others being right there with Ford
Field.  Some day Ilitch (the owner of the Red Wings and Tigers) might get
his wish to build a new hockey arena over there, too.

I'm not sure where the closest PeopleMover (monorail around downtown)
station is.  The best bet might be hopping on it and heading to a different
part of downtown, like Greektown.

Of course, if you are planning on staying away...

Doug Peterson

On 23 Jan 2009 at 18:31, David Parter wrote:

> Basically it will guarantee that the best seat in the house is in your
> living room.

So, where should we have the hockey-l NC$$ 2010 party? I'm sure we can
find a convenient inexpensive venue with large-screen HD TVs... good
food and drinks...

     --david