From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sara M. Fagan
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:31:15 -0500
St. Lawrence beat Mercyhurst, 5-2. After falling behind 2-1 Mercyhurst
tied it up at 2 but SLU came back and scored 3 unanswered goals in the
third.

Mercyhurst pulled their goalie in the first.  It wasn't right after a
goal and I didn't hear them say he got hurt on the play.  I was
wondering if he might be sick since they had mentioned that  players
weren't feeling well.  As he left the ice the announcers said something
about the goalie saying that he was ok but he certainly didn't look it.

This is SLU's third win in a row.  They now head into the exam/holiday
break.  Their next games are in the new year fin Colorado.  Next home
game for the Saints isn't until Jan. 24.

First Period:
4:13 - SLU - Bagnall from Glenn and Hogg PP
Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 7
MC - Franck - 12
MC - Wakefield - 5

Second Period:
7:39 -SLU - Trevelyan from Peverley and Glenn (4 on 4)
19:59.9 - MC - Wrigley from Briggs and Borelli (PP)
Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 6
MC - Wakefield - 12

Third Period:
3:28 - MC - Rynhoven from Hanson
10:24 - SLU - Page from Petac
17:11 - SLU - Zeiler from Peverley and Trevelyan
19:25 - SLU - Rank From Madill and Zeiler (ENG)
Saves:
SLU - Ackley - 9
MC - Wakefield - 12

and a very happy holiday to all.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! see you in 2004!!!!
Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!!