EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:04:39 -0500
    So here is a connection of James Frazer's "Golden Bough", Elliot's
"Wasteland", the hero's harrowing of Hell, the Cantos and the life of a
poet in the twentieth century? That golden bough or wand or scepter of
Hermes is the temporal key, and my research has shown me that it is a rule
which measures both distance and time and originates with the very letters
of the alphabet making walls of music as in Thebes.

    "These are the letters Cadmus gave. Think he meant them for a slave?"
-Byron

    "...twenty centuries of stony sleep..." -Yeats

Om vajra pani hum,

Charles