EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 08:48:42 -0600
From:
Tom White <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Precisely. The current history of the U.S.‹the Decline and Fall of A Once
Great Republic‹must stand as an illustration of the truth of this lines:

"'I see its relation to one thing,
                      Yu sees its relation to ten.'
    Monetary literacy, sans which a loss of freedom is consequent"
                        _Canto 103

A few paras from something I'm writing:

I think when the present hooroosh about anti-Semitism dies down and the
whole of the 20th century fades into a legend of a ferocious anti-human
racket, a legend of large states making war to keep up debt and taxes‹some
fascist, some democratic, some communist, all more or less terrible and
anti-human‹some people, some few people, will still find him what I have
considered him for more than 50 years, an incomparably great poet, despite
character flaws, and a man who saw what the hell was wrong with the world of
his time (and ours).

Many others did too, but unlike the many he SAID SO implacably,
irritatingly, insolently, repetitively, impatiently, insistently, etc.,
without letup until virtually the end. A GREAT BORE to all and sundry. I am
astonished at how what he said was then true of our governments is now so
slammingly obvious it's virtually beyond debate. They are run by the great
rich, the people who own and control the financial systems of the "First
World" and also the munitions makers‹all hail Lockheed, Vickers, Dupont,
Imperial Chemical, Boeing, etc.‹(as well as a hell of a lot of everything
else), and have an unpleasant future in mind for us.

Who are the Great Rich? Now you have asked, as Ivan Osokin said under
another heading, an intelligent question.

Ah, as the Japanese would so, so.
Tom White