EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 23:29:29 -0500
From:
Tom White <[log in to unmask]>
Re Wayne Pound's recent post (as below):

I had emailed Carlo Parcelli of Alphabooks the message below, which I
guess is one of the two he mentions as having received. Perhaps I
should have sent my reply to him via the Pound List as I am sending
this one both to the list and a cc to you personally. I am  not an
academic and in fact am almost beyond much writing, but I am quietly
enraged by the present gargantuan rip-off just arranged by our dear
banker friends. Pound was RIGHT, because he had studied the record and
"took by" Aristotle, a Father of Western culture, who said what was
indubitably true: money is a function of law and need have no value of
itself. We have just watched that proved by the US government which
has supplied a trillion or so of (abstract, legal) credit to bail out
the banks. The word has gone out from the Masters of Discourse, that
"bailout" is the wrong word; rescue is the one to use henceforth, and
it should I guess be connected with Main Street, in the sense of
"rescue of Main Street": to make it all seem cozy as all get out and
right down the Joe Six-Pack alley. What revolting stuff. Pound was not
an anti-semite; he was a man who was angered by the theft of the
people's wealth through the taking of compound interest by bankers
under the leadership of the Rothschilds via he whole govt. debt
racket. That's just history—all on the record. I'll send this off and
see how it bounces. Tom White

Dear Carlo:

Delighted to read your post to the Pound List. I'll do my best to get
something off to you in a reasonable time. I had my life changed by
reading Pound in the 50s. (I am horribly old.) First time I had ever
read anything that explained my father's business tragedy in the
Depression. Long story since. Terrell, now deceased,  was IMHO a great
man, and he was willing to talk about Pound's economics and there have
been others, of course, but a prevailing attitude of the Paideuma
crowd (as I think of them) seems to be that they are mostly scared off
the economics because they accept the hideous assessment of Pound as
an anti-semite. Which, again IMHO, is simply wrong. The AIPAC crowd
are on the road I think to being railroaded out of town (God please
see that it happens). Anyway, my first thought is to do a little piece
on Terrell and Pound's economics based on one of T's books. I am much
better at what I call feuilletons than at longer, more formal pieces
(I think). I have some things posted at this site:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/white/white-arch.html (a site which I have
since quit because of becoming disillusioned with their libertarian
anti-government, pro-free-market stance). Very best,

Tom White
2205 Madera St.
Odessa, TX 79763		432-582-0272