EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 07:51:15 -0500
Alex,
What's strange about the Connemara Pooka is that it's out of place in the
otherwise rather Ovidian (to resort to shorthand) mythic types. The Pooka is
a  "stray" not only because it comes from the British Isles/Ireland and
we're in the USA: an affable sprite ready to perch on a wall and have a
chat, or a  mischievous-tending-towards-nasty sprite, the homely Pooka is
*absurd* in the midst of the _terribilita'_ of these "moonmad" and
"ecstatic" types engaged in acts of "white electric" beauty:

blind birds singing
in glass fields

whitebone drones mating in air
among hullucinary moons