EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:37:22 -0600
From:
Tom White <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Brennan:
Temper! Temper! There's more to this Pound thing than you have yet guessed.
May I recommend to you (and I did guess you were young, did I not?) a less
quick trigger and a willingness to if not learn from at least to observe
your elders for a longish while before writing your own Portrait of the
Artist as an Outraged Young Poet. And you are quite right; the thing that
counts is the poetry. View this list as a holiday from reality (reality
being the price of bread and meat), and you'll have it about right. Tom
White