EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 13:51:56 -0400
Jonathan,
Since you encourage close reading: What do you understand Pound to mean by
"YIDDERY"?  The Jewish people? Or usury?  The -ery ending typically refers
to some kind of practice:  e.g. bribery. The anti-Jewish sentiment is
indisputable, but I don't think we can take this passage as unequivocal
evidence of Pound urging extermination of all Jewish people, the verb 'wipe
out' notwithstanding.  Would it be possible for you to post the typescript
in its entirety?
Tim Romano