EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
William Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:44:10 -0400
Funnily enough, there are two plays of mine - one on Pound and the other on
Eisenstein... I was not aware of the great commonality between these two
when I embarked on these plays, but the more I researched the more I
realised they are brothers. Eisenstein's art of montage is the cinema
equivalent to Pound ideogrammatic method. Eisenstein so far as I know never
read Fenollosa. Pound never read Eisenstein. I also know of no references in
Pound's writings to Sir Gay.  For those interested in my own exploration of
these men's ideas, please see http://eisenstein.cjb.net
and http://ezrapound.cjb.net

Sincerely
Billy Marshall Stoneking