EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Nikolay Nikiforov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nikolay Nikiforov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 12:26:24 +0400
Sunday, October 22, 2000, 5:24:43 AM - Ezra Pound discussion list of the University of Maine wrote:

cm>     Two points may be relative to the present discussion.
cm>     1. "Dichten=condensare" ABC of Reading. Isn't this vital to modern
cm> poetry in order to bring down the barriers of linear time or history?
cm> Doesn't this aid in making the remote accessible?
cm>     2. According to Heidegger is Rilke right that modern poetry must open to
cm> the widest orbit  and by so doing depend then upon the resulting
cm> unshieldness in order to affirm the Law which it hopes it will touch
cm> somewhere out there?
Suddenly we came to the general statements.

But I never heard any noise or sound of builders.
Imperceptibly they shut me from the outside world.

  Io non so ben ridir com'i' v'entrai:
tant'era pien di sonno a quel punto
che la verace via abbandonai.

(Inf. I.10-)

So these are words you came to use:
'modern  poetry',  'vital',  'doesn't  this?',  'according  to  is ...
right?', 'somewhere there', 'affirm the Law'.

Quoth a young Sadducee:
  "Reader of many rolls,
Is it so certain we
  Have, as they tell us, souls?"

There's  no cheating with words, which is clearly shown by my previous
day's  message,  being written in some darkness abounding the mind. If
it in some way was one of the causes of these generalizations, I give
apologizes.

Speaking  about  profitable  ways  of talking about poetry: is writing
'comments'  not  practised  anywhere?  The way they commented Dante or
anyone  deserving  interest. Not to make some conclusion, suitable for
'report'  or  'paper', but just to understand exact meaning of all the
words  in  a given verse. Not using any 'theory' and not going deep in
any 'private experience'.

                             mailto:[log in to unmask]
///Present is related to present in the same way as future to future
 visit http://russ.ru/authors/nikiforov.html