EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:07:50 -0800
Wayne,
    Thank you for that information. You write, "I wonder why you link this
'high-minded' racist (Evola) with Robert Graves?"
    It seems to me that in the sense of being traditionalists, looking
beyond and above any charges of "racism", Pound, Evola, and Graves had a
similar view of the value of ancient wisdom. Call it mytho-poetic,
Hyperborean, or Celtic- whatever-it translates somewhat  the same; that it
is something in the past worthy of examination and even perhaps of revival.
Progress, however, teaches us to formulate new "crimes against humanity" as
recently in China where now it has been decreed "Thou shalt not not believe
in science".  How's that for high-mindedness?
    I would like to see your notes on Evola. I leave it to you as to the
venue.

CDM