ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Cathy Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 06:34:37 EST
First of all - I want to know what time the fan bus made it back home!

I thought it was a screwy call, too, and was on the phone with Nonni
protesting it, as Cory is not naturally a dirty player, especially up by two
goals, and that MI kid is known as an actor, according to some of my MI State
contacts.  However, Cory admits to "screwing up" by butt ending "a little" in
today's Deadly (which BTW was a pleasure to look at this morning as I folded
and bagged 54 of them for my son to deliver - big picture of Walsh, Ek &
Janik front page above the fold.  Maybe I'll have to change BDN's
nickname...) I guess the ref made his decision based on the actor, instead of
the severity of the blow.  The one replay I saw didn't show anything out of
the oridinary to my eyes.  However, I have been told on this list that I have
no idea what the game looks like on the ice, so maybe I was mistaken.

HOCKEY -L has a posting which says that there is no wiggle room for a ref in
this case.  The penalty is automatic.  Dang.

We'll have to all be there in Providence, cheering very loudly to help make
up for the loss of Corey for the ND game.  I imagine Coach will still depend
on him to get the team fired up and provide some insight as the game goes on.

GO MAINE!!
Cathy Hart