EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Pawel Karwowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 01:12:46 -0000
Hello .

I  am  Poundian  for  about  12  years . In 1985  / when  I was  20  years
old / I read  first  translations  of  E. P . verses  into  polish   and
I  decided  to  learn  English  , because  I  wanted  to  read  "Cantos"
in  original  language . Now  I  am  completely  convinced  that  importance
of  his poetry  for  New  World  is  on  that  same  level  , like
importance  of  Homer's  poetry  for  my  old  Europe .
Anyway  Ezra's  poetry  is  still  actual  and  will  be  for  sure  for
a  long  ,long  time .
2  years  ago  I  started  studying  creative  writing  at  Jagiellonian
University  in  Cracow  and  naturally  the  only  one  subject  of  my
interest  was  "Cantos" . / I  even  made  some  translations  friendly
welcomed  by  my  teachers /.
I  am  not  the  scientist  - but  the  poet  and  in  season  from  april
to  november  I  work  in  the  forest . / I  graduated  forestry  in 1994/.
/ well - combining  poetry  and  forestry  in  Silesia  is  possible  -
we  are  a  little  bit  just  like  Irish  people / .
Last  year  I  was  working  in  the  Mt  Silesia  area  / that  mountain
is  quite  famous  in  ancient  celtic  and  germanic  mythology /  and
I  found  a  lot  of  oaks  growing  on  top  of  these  mountains / with
some  juniperuses  in  the  environment /. Oaks  were  120  years  old
but  their  height  was  no  more  than  5  meters  - really  strange  picture .
Certainly  thats  irrational  ,but  I  belive  I  saw  Quercus  on
Mt  Sumeru  and  today  is  1  April  so  you  can  belive  me  or  not .
                                                P . Karwowski
---
Free and Private email from Supernews(TM) <http://www.supernews.com>