EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:38:36 -0400
         "Anatole France is said to have spent a great deal of time
searching for the <i>least possible</i> variant that would turn the most
worn-out and commonest phrases of journalism into something distinguished.
         Such research is sometimes termed 'classicism'.
         This is the greatest possible remove from the usual English
stylist's trend or urge toward a style different from everyone else's."

--EP
  ABC OF READING