EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 10:31:19 -0400
8bit
From:
"R.Gancie/C.Parcelli" <[log in to unmask]>
And what about En Wen Li's assertion of deliberate "elidings" in earlier
scholarship on Pound. When we look at his/her hero Robert Casillo's
explication of Canto 40, we are struck by the fact that, although
Casillo says that this Canto is pivotal to Pound's work, Casillo
completely "elides" any comment on the first half of the Canto. This is
because the first part of the Canto does not conform to Casillo's
scholarly campaign against Pound. Half of this essential Canto merits no
comment from Casillo. Propaganda at its ever lovin' best.--- Carlo
Parcelli

--
ÐÏ à¡± á