EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Martin Knepper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 14:02:11 +0100
Being a German I remain silent about most discussions ref. Pound's opinions, but I think
I have to make a correction here:
You seem to have misinterpreted your mother's story, or she did when she was a child.
'Christmas trees' (german: Weihnachtsbaeume) was a popular term among germans in those
years, being a descriptive term for illuminating bombs, let down on parachutes to
enlight the darkened cities for the bombers to come. So in the end these xmas trees
killed people too... But this was 'daily routine' during the air raids and done by all
involved sides, and we did so in England. Not a special perfidy of orosian
semi-humans....

'To be men not destroyer...'

Martin Knepper

------
The second worldwar came to an end
we forgave the germans and then became friends
though they murdered six millions, in the oven they fried
the germans now too have god on their side