EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
pcockram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 00:43:50 -0500
If a mad man does not think he is mad but allows others to persuade him to plead
so, is he mad, or insincere?  Pound wanted to act as his own attorney!  He
thought he could make the court see that he was actually behaving as a patriot
by pointing to his country's errors.  Others talked him out of it.  Madness was
not his idea, though his behavior might well have inspired it in his supporters.

Patricia