EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 07:55:21 -0500
This list is capable of supporting multiple concurrent discussions; other lists I frequent often have four or five topics going on at once. Anyone is free to join in at ANY time, or to start a new topic.  In fact, the "main" discussion had indeed moved on to issues related to recordings of the poetry, when you dropped back in with the Zion post, one of your "spare-time minor fascinations".

I would have let this thread die a while back, had it not been for your allegation that Pound knew about the genocide and for the implication that he was complicit in it. An allegation that the man was an unmitigated monster needs to be backed up with more than innuendo. You even allowed a _fictitious_ character, Jason Compson, to speak as if for Pound!

And when I held you to the requirement to provide evidence of Pound's knowledge and complicity --even though he had said several times "Don't start a pogrom"-- you wrote:

> "Pound has said 'Don't start a pogrom,' but he certainly does entertain some strange thoughts about
> ten-year-old boys, doesn't he?"

There were some slugs among those dimes.

In my last post, I had drawn together a number of themes in the broadcasts, which strongly suggest that Pound's views on race were not simply "suburban prejudices" and not mere idiosyncratic pathological ranting, but a reflection of the intellectual climate of the early part of this century, specifically with respect to the eugenics movement here in America and in Europe.

Tim Romano
Swarthmore Pennsylvania