EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
bob scheetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:31:16 -0500
here's jonathan morse's j'accuse,
shouting tim romano down,
and naming him "anti-semite":

>8. None of this is news. But "counter-propagandist"? That rustling noise
>you hear is the sound of a political hand being tipped.

so ... a pretty classical illustration how it works.
while one may well see an abundance of the all-too-human,
he searches  morse's 9 articles in vain
for the "blood" dripping from ep's hands.

the historical context of this whole fascism issue
is the maelstrom of what everybody at the time
saw as a world-wide pop rising  against capitalism
after the exhaustion and incommensurable
cruelty of ww1 and great depression.

that rev is the ball which everybody had their eye on.
thence the usa temporized opening a western front
despite its intelligence on the "final solution",
because its o'erwhelming consideration
was that nazism and bolshevism destroy each other,
thereby to allow the ancien regime to weather the crisis,
make the world safe for democracy...n'all dat.

ep's focus, from the opposite end of the field,
was equally intent...so in that out-of-focus area
a crime was committed by his party.
which party he considered to be on the side of humanity.

it is indeed a devilish moral problem,
...if only he'd been with gramsci, silone, ...the resistance

but the holocaust industry's brief here
is extravagantly meritricious .