EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
bob scheetz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 11:48:10 -0500
my knowledge of the "protocols" comes from vaguely
recollecting konrad heiden's work-up in "der fuhrer:"
its source was a mid 19th cent fr novel which upon
arrival in petrograd, was, classically,
 transmogrified by the tsar's police
for purposes of suppressing the rev aborning.
alfred rosenberg, then a student in petrograd,
in his innocence, took the thing seriously;
and upon elevation to nazi race minister,
made the hoax dogma.

ep's radio comment,  as hitler's,
is a "artist" commonplace,
most famously expressed by ari,
that poetry (metafor) is truer than facticity.

and, of course, israel,
wiht its world's 2nd most powerful army,
complete with nukes,
gives, especially among palestinians,
the hoax/metafor a compelling vitality
even as we speak.

so that
while the zionist use of the shoah text
to enable the crime pointed to by the "protocols" txt,
which was used to enable the holocaust,...
does indeed constitute a classic
derridean/pomo problemmatic,
i guess.

but yer discovery of parallel "writings" in
the hitler txt and the ep txt in re the protocols txt
is only a  problem of, as you say, superficial
influence and derivation.
albeit very interesting.