EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
antje pfannkuchen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:34:55 +0200
Dear professors,

From my point of view as a student in the final stage of my master thesis
(German Magisterarbeit) I have to tell you, that after I learned  _how_ to
read, how to ask questions to a text, I've always liked primary texts
better. The important thing is to teach how to read which I think is being
done more at American universities than in most of Germany?!? It is always
so much to be discovered in primary texts which other writers of secondary
literature haven't found or didn't think of importance. It's never wrong to
read secondary texts too, but never without the primary source. There is
always a fashion or a certain point of view under which a secondary text is
written, but I'd rather have my own point.

Antje Pfannkuchen