EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Peter Bi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:00:52 -0700
> China gave us tea, silk, china, Confucius, and
> Lao Tzu. We were longer in getting at the latter. The West gave China the
> porcelain pan, opium, cotton, missionaries, Marx, and finally science.

Charles:

There were a few great scientists among the first Italian missionaries. They
brought science, mathematics and astronomy in particular, to China much
earlier than opium.

The brightest German scientist, Lebniz, learned a lot from China.  Modern
Quantum Theory founders, including Niels Bohr, believed that the philosophy
of the theory (of the nature) belongs to Lao Tze.

Peter Bi
www.card4you.com