EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jacob Korg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 10:44:35 -0700
Dear Alexander Schmit z: Pardon me for jumping in here, but since I have
the Cheadle book on my desk, it is Ezra Pound's Confucian Translations, U
of Michigan Press, 1997. It is very impressive, since Mrs. Cheadle knows
Chinese well, and can discuss the often fuzzy meanings of the ideograms
lucidly.It is also very informative with regard to Pound's sources, and
should be a basic work for Pound people. However, there's not much in it
about the Cathay poems specifically.Incidentally, Mrs.Cheadle lives near
me in Seattle, we have had a talk,and I look forward to seeing her again.
                                        Jacob Korg