EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
"C.Brandon Rizzo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 15:51:51 EST
Interesting how this list should turn to politics?

As for Pound's poetic "eternal war / between light and mud"...It seems, seems,
as if solid ground has turned to soup. Is not light, the nature of light, to
be aggressive, to devour all darkness, penetrate all shadow, to dry up the wet
ground, to restore terra firma? It seems, seems, as though NATO is a
REACTIONARY force, a so-called aggression moving in a natural course, no?
                                  But...
any intellectualizing, any debate via this forum is null; there are dead to be
counted. What can the average American, such as myself, truly know about any
situation outside of our front-yards? CNN is certainly not the answer, simply
a facsimile of detail.

Anyway, I've put my limited opinion on the chopping block.

C.Brandon
Boston