EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Barda Michal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 07:11:03 +0200
Once more for everyone interested in Pound in Czech: I logged in the
Internet book store in my place and ordered some copies  of the
discussed book of selected poems (really happy to find it). With some
bugs (the store is just starting)the electronic order has been accepted
without any objections. After three hours I have got a mail from Matthew
Sweney of Votobia (Czech publisher) that I am forwarding here:

"""
Richard Caddel forwarded to me your piece about Votobia´s Chtěl jsem
napsat ráj--
unfortunately, the book is long out of print. There are none here in our
warehouses--I dont even have a copy myself.

Due to increased copyright fees, this book will not be reissued by
Votobia, sad to say. If you see any copies in Prague antikvariats, buy
them.

Thank  you for mentioning the book on the Pound discussion chat--I am a
graduate of the University of Maine, which is where I met Mikeš (in
1990, and again in 1994)

s  pozdravem,

Matthew Sweney
------------------------------------
Nakladatelství Votobia
Votobia Publishers
P.O. Box 214
771 11 Olomouc
Czech Republic

(+420) (68) 523 1890
http://www.votobia.cz
""""
As I do not know if the mail has been a reaction on my order or on the
mail of Richard Caddel, I keep on hoping there will be some copy
somewhere in the warehouse...:-). By the way, on the Web page mentioned
above I found out that Mikeš is leaving Votobia...

Regards
michal barda