EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
charles moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 19:50:27 -0400
Daniel and others still there,
    "Moral equivalency" to me in the  sense of Pound's synchronicity seems
to be the more transparent manifestation of what he meant by "authority" as
it "comes from right reason". Perhaps that was a quote from Jefferson, but
it seems  to be a more transcendent quality than morality which would
naturally follow it. Then also aesthetic is often the vehicle to transport
it from one time to another so as it steps in and out of time among those
who most deserve it. Pound really held great culture in high esteem. How
would he live today?

    "...as for literature
"It gives no man a sinecure.

"And no one knows, at sight, a masterpiece.
"And give up verse, my boy,
"There's nothing in it."
                (Mauberley)

Charles