EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:36:25 -0400
Alex,

I am talking about the imposition on listmembers of UNWANTED
long files, whether sent as attachments or email inclusions.
What further pisses me off--and should bother all "academics"--
is Billy's sneering putdown of the entire class of academics,
as though Pound would have justified this snottiness, when in
fact EP would have liked nothing better than to have become
a REAL professor rather than just working out of his own
Ezuversity.  It strikes me, as it should you, rather ironic
that this Billy fellow should openly express contempt for
the very audience he is trying to reach!

==DP

At 09:15 AM 8/19/99 +0100, you wrote:
>Dan,
>
>the problem was that, although Mr Stoneking seemed to having mailed his
play as
>an attachment, it didn't arrive here as an attachment. Attachements
usually are
>no problem to read. If an attachement text is part of the eMail proper,
however,
>I don't know what to do with the loads of MIME-formatted ASCII's. That was
the
>reason why, after having asked Billy to mail me the play, I had to ask him a
>second time. It was the same: It didn't arrive here as an attachment but as
>the garbage part of his eMail. So I had wasted a good online half hour for
>NOTHING [& I have to pay my bills myself; my PC stands in my office at
home, not
>in a university].
>
>Which I see as more or less MY problem & not Billy's. Obviously I cannot
blame
>HIM for having got garbage in my PC instead of a play on EP. Mr Stoneking,
I'd
>venture to say without having "seen" the play, is a Poundian; thus he
belongs in
>the family and thus his play(s) deserve(s) our attention and not our
disapproval,
>no matter how new or old, how fast or slow our modems are. Le style c'est
>homme.
>
>alex

HOME:
Dan Pearlman