EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Tim Romano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 08:14:23 -0400
Different systems handle large files in different ways.

When I receive a very large file attached to an email message, the mail system
on the *server* gets corrupted: a flag that needs to be reset is not reset
until the email is downloaded and deleted. Until I download and delete the
offending message, all of my email messages continue to appear as unread, over
and over and over,  until I phone technical support. If they happen to be
busy, I must wait on hold for longer than it would take to read a short
one-act play.

I don't mind Billy Stoneking's attempts to promote his work on this list (as
long as it  relates to Pound, which it does) but would ask him to use the
etiquette followed worldwide for such lists as this: no attachments.  Send us
the URL.

I began reading his play but had to set it aside because of other pressing
obligations. I'd reached the point where the young female psychiatrist
arrives.  Divertente, I thought, these skewed planes of consciousness. But his
paideuma posting from last week gave me an excedrin headache. God, how I hate
that sort of prose!

Tim Romano

--Come my cantilations,
Let us dump our hatreds into one bunch and be done with them.