EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Bernard Dew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:31:19 -0400
dear Tim...

great to hear from you!!!!

i've been helping out at the Hamilton Library as you know.. they're rushing to put the Selected Catalogue of EP holdings in the Hamilton library... i think it'll be pretty interesting.. especially since it will include updated Gallup B items from Archie Hendersons pending bib... and there are about 300 extra itemslisted  (of which Hamilton only has smaller proportion)  lots of interesting rarities and you'll have the freedom to pick and choose at will unlike the beinecke where, understandeably, the document nazis limit one's access...

am typing out the Capell list as it is long hand and is not helpful in this format...

will send yoiu a photocopy of the hand written list as well as the typed one (when completed..) i'm going to head overto brunnenburg and see what's missing.. .. the list is decently complete but, onl my last survey i think there are some gaps

think ep's newspaper readings only slightly less important than his book reading... perhaps it is as important...

coincidentally, i asked Mary if anyone has approached her (ie the EPlit trust) for permissionto put out the hemingway ep correspondence which, i can imagine, would be interesting and a big seller(i thinkMary could do with some extra royalty money)

she said that no one approached her

i asked Barry Ahearnthesame thing in idaho.. he said he didn't know

TIM.. I CLEARLY THINK THAT THIS IS THE NEXT BIG EP PROJECT THAT  SHOULD COME OUT..

you have your bio... but Christ don't you think this should be SOMEONE'S next thing?

would love to do it.. but.. ah... other than reading hem and knowing that he used guns and drank lots, i don't know much else..too big a task i fear ... but you could do it... SOMEONE should do it

think it would be more interesting that the eliot pound correspondence just on the characters involved....

i see and opportunity for someone here...

let me know if the microfilms from Finca Vianca are complete....

did you see the article about Hem's house in the (i presume) the new york times since i read it in the herald tribune.. about how hem's house is falling apart, that cuba has no $$ and how the Bush regimen has blocked a US backed effort to restore FV because it reasoned that a restored FV would mean increased tourist $$ for cuba and so the the ever literate Bush would not allow the project to go through..

this is sad.

anyways.... will get list to you

should i send it to youroffice?

iseeBobby Fisher is staying in Japan for a while

take care

i'll see you in Hamilton in April