EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Daniel Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 12:01:33 -0400
Dear Yoshiko:

In my BARB OF TIME, the chapter on the Pisan Cantos,
I mention in passing the Trascendentalist influence
on EP as seen in his nature imagery in those Cantos,
but I don't believe I connected it to his "Taoism"
and it is therefore a topic still to be explored
starting from scratch.

Dan P

>Daniel,
>I am interested in your suggestion that E.P.'s latent
>Taoism is derived from American transcendentalism as his
>philosophical tendency. If you have already discussed
>it in a published work, would you please tell it to me?

Dan Pearlman                    Office: Department of English
102 Blackstone Blvd. #5                 University of Rhode Island
Providence, RI 02906                    Kingston, RI 02881
Tel.: 401 453-3027                      Tel.: 401 874-4659
email: [log in to unmask]            Fax:  401 874-2580