EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
喜多 文子 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 16:18:00 +0900
Dear Daniel Pearlman, Jeff Twitchell-Wass and friends,

I have a couple of questions about your
stimulating discussion on Taoism and E.P.

Daniel,
I am interested in your suggestion that E.P.'s latent
Taoism is derived from American transcendentalism as his
philosophical tendency. If you have already discussed
it in a published work, would you please tell it to me?

Jeff,
Concerning your fundamental questions, "what is
specifically Taoist in E.P.?" and so on, could you
or anyone suggest me that  1)what was the most prevailing
source (probably written in English) to know "Taoism"
for "intellectual Westerners" including E.P. during
the first half of this century?
2) also at present?

I am afraind that I'm not knowledgeable enough to conrtibute
anything to your current discussion, however, any
information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Yoshiko Kita
(Ibaraki, Japan)