EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Sender:
From:
Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 12:57:07 -0700
My thanks for the prompt on the Eastern/Eliot
article. I am now the proud possesser of a copy.
It looks fascinating.

So far I have tracked down two books and one article
from Japanese sources on the Fenellosa connection.
Does this confirm my perception that there may not
be much awareness in Japanese scholarly circles of
the tremendous influence Japanese language has had
on modern English poetry, largely thanks to Pound.

Please note, I am in no way a Pound scholar. My
background is Eliot.

Cheers,
Peter