EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Alphaville Books <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:02:25 -0400
Yes, and last year I inserted the draft section below into my current
poem/Canto, also beside the point. The offer to publish papers is still
open and repeated after the poetry:

WITHOUT Usura

Without Usura no man hath a house in foreclosure

With walls of tar paper tacked over particle board

That vinyl might hide its face,

Without Usura

Hath no man a poster of Jessica Alba on his bathroom wall

Stratocasters and Les Pauls

Or Like a Virgin giveth its message,

A tiny gold halo orbiting her clit,

Without usura

Seeth no man John D. Rockefeller his heirs and his concubines

Nor is made to endure nor to live

Beyond subprime loans and toxic debt instruments

Made to sell and sell quickly

Without usura,

Thy bread is no longer made of bleached rags

Is thy bread not dry as the paper it’s printed on.

Monsanto knew that with no mountain wheat, no strong flour,

The Sandinistas would have to eat paper

From the World Bank, beg seed from Cargill.

With usura the line evaporates

With usura there is no clear demarcation

And no man can find buyer for his ‘dwelling.’

Without usura the stone cutter

Would still be cutting Davids;

The Luddite would not have been hanged from his loom

With usura

Rayon comes to market

Oil bringeth universal gain with usura

Usura is murrain, usura

Stabs the needle in the young girl’s arm

And stoppeth youth from knowing any fucking thing.

Drexel Burnham Lambert

Came by usura. Michael Milken by usura.

By usura David Rockefeller, Andrew Carnegie;

Rockefeller Center and Carnegie Hall by usura,

The Mellon Foundation and the Gates Foundation by usura,

By usura Andrew Jackson, John Calhoun, Stalin and Hitler.

By usura Joseph Kennedy and Prescott Bush;

And Lehman Bros, AIG, FANNIE MAE & FREDDIE MAC by usura

John McCain, Charlie Black and Phil Gramm by usura.

Without usura no Cheney, Perle, Wolfowitz or Rumsfeld,

Nor was Barbara inseminated.

By usura Wall Street, American Express and Citicorp,

The Dow, The Federal Reserve and two World Wars.

By usura Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan and Iraq;

9/11 by usura.

By usura the Savings and Loan scandal, the Tech Stock Bubble, the
Mortgage Crisis.

Miami, New York and Chicago by usura.

With usura futures are bundled like ghost wheat,

Grain that rots in the servers

In the digital silos of Dubai, London and Chicago.

Without usura the present is not splintered into futures.

Without usura hath no country a need of a standing army of three million

Nor billions of Simons watching the train wreck only

To be crushed on the weal to Calvary

Without usura nature need not put on its game theoretical face

To show mathematical proof by crushing

The world back to uninhabitable composure.

With usura Katrina, floods, drought, fire and pestilence.

The revelers and their Revelations.