EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Alphaville Books <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:55:27 -0400
Usury age old and age thick/
Mr. Paulson, tear down this Wall Street

Pound is one of the few poets in recorded history whose poetry has any
bearing on the current ‘crises’ precipitated by Wall Street greed and
avarice. What would Pound think of the current ‘Bail Out’ of Wall Street
or, in general the world of debt we now float on?

What do the current debt crises have to tell us about ‘usury age old and
age thick.’? I know you’ve thought about it.

Pound is no longer here to instruct us on the negative consequences of
the latest debt instruments, so it’s up to those who have studied his
writings to take the opportunity and re-articulate his position in light
of current events---to re-articulate both the nature of usury as Pound
intended its expression but also the nature of evil.

FlashPoint Magazine http://www.flashpointmag.com/ would like to extend
the opportunity to the Pound community to submit pieces on Pound and the
Current Debt Crises. C’mon and pitch in. How many times at parties were
you forced to defend Pound from charges that his economics was ‘just
wacky.’ But whose economics is wackier---Pound’s or the Street? Now really.

Its a new version of the old Nazi bugaboo, where Pound who actually
killed no one is pilloried by the very people that brought hundreds of
Nazi murderers into the US after the war and made at least one head of
NASA, who trilled "I aim for the stars and sometimes I hit London" and
his Peenemunde pal, Dornberger.

We plan a new issue of FP sometime next spring just about the time the
next wave of white collar felonious behavior is due to be ‘uncovered’ by
are ‘free and unfettered press.’

Actually, the plan for this issue is to focus on Finnegans Wake and we
already have a number of pieces committed. So if you’d like to submit a
piece on Pound and the Wake, we can include it in that issue. If we get
few pieces on Pound and the Street, we’ll addend them to the Wake issue.

However, if the request for pieces on Pound and Wall Street results in a
'wealth' of submissions we will immediately do a more timely Special
Issue focusing on the usurious s/henanigans/ of our wacky, Wall Street
brethren.

FP currently has over 800,000 thousand title page hits and literally
tens of millions of page hits. These numbers may mean little to
taxpayers facing a $1,000,000,000,000,000 bailout which the bankers and
the Street will promptly turn around and steal, but you will be read at FP.

If you’re interested contact me, Carlo Parcelli at
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Pieces
can be of any length and any energy level.