EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Stoner James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 18:18:35 -0800
Mr. Moyer,

I sincerely was attempting to find the connection between Emerson and
Pound, if any; and especially as it relates to their politics.  You have
presented your self as knowing something about both their politics and
their poetics.  You actually don't know much about Pound, do you?  You
seem to no far less about Emerson, and even less about writing; as your
message suggests.  You cry for substance, but focus on small grammatical
issues in writing such as, "to, too, two."  As I peruse your prior
messages I find significant grammatical and careless writing errors that
go well beyond anything that I have have written.  I still read your
messages for their substance.  Are you as shallow as your messages
suggest?  Do you present your self as somebody who understands Pound and
Emerson, but can answer no question about them, their poetry or their
politics? I mean this seriously, sir. You want to tell me to go back and
study Emerson?  I know much, but I will always restudy; always reconsider
what I've read, go back and go back again.  Tell me what I said about
Emerson or Pound that requires rereading?  Do you really have any
substantive feedback or ideas?  Are you merely an imitator, a guy that
throws out quotes and has nothing else to offer?  Do you live only to make
this listserve your little oligarchic plutocracy? Over the last 18 months
I have witness your simplistic diatribes more often than I could ever want
to (too, two, three, more times than I can count.)  You run people off
this listserve.  Why do you do that?  These are simplistic question, maybe
you can answer them?

I do appreciate Tom and Michael's suggestion, though.  I also hope that
others will help me, if possible.  I will look at his broadcasts.

Mr Moyer, with all due respect, (and I mean this seriously) how exactly
did you gain so much clout on this listserve?  Why do so many members
flock around you like you run "Bird hall?"  Maybe you can answer these
less intellectual questions, to, two, too?  Maybe the members that flock
aroound you can answer as well?  I guess my initial thoughts; that is, my
more thought out observations about you are likely true?  Over the past 16
months I have witnessed you provide this group with nonsense quotes; you
also have a tendency to shut dialogue down, stop it before it flies over
your head.  I wonder about their relavence.  I wonder about your relavence
here on this list serve.  Today, Mr. Moyer, I am an elitist towards you,
to, too, two.

Respectfully,

Jim Stoner