ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bruce Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:02:47 -0500
Alums and Fans:
Many of our ex-Maine players have been traded or sent up in the last few
weeks of the season.  My own local team Reading Royals, traded my ex-
advisee and new friend, Matt Yeats, to the Idaho Steelheads, last year's
Kelly Cup champions.  Even though he was 8-2 with Reading, Matt was the
third goalie on the team and the only one not under contract to the LA
Kings. When a goalie returned from the AHL, Matt was forced to sit even
though he was playing better. Matt will join several old Maine teammates
in Idaho with Frank Doyle as the current starting goalie, ex-captain Pete
Metcalf, and forward Jimmy Leger.  Idaho is currently on a rampage and has
returned to playoff contention in the West. Best of luck to Matt in the
future!
Also, Tommy Reimann was recently traded to the Atlantic City Boardwalk
bullies to play under ex-GA Matt Thomas. Tommy is currently on 7 day
Injured Reserve list. Colin Shields was also recently traded from AC to
Greenville, SC. Alfie Michaud, was brought up to Worcester in the AHL this
month from Peoria in the ECHL.  Mike Schutte was traded from Dayton to
Trenton this month.
Many of our guys are in playoff contention with their teams. Playoffs
start in April.  Best of luck to all of them. Hopefully I will see them
come through Reading for the playoffs.
Go Black Bears! Gore the Gophers!
Bruce Hale, UMaine Academic Support Services for Student-Athletes, 1998-
2003.