ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bruce Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 10:56:47 -0500
Maine Hockey List: I spoke with Matt Yeats ('Yatzee'), who is in goal for
the ECHL's Idaho Steelheads in Boise, ID. Matt is 5-0 to date with a very
low goals-against average. Matt is a free agent again and hoping to get an
opportunity to move up the AHL. He is married now and his new bride will be
joining him in Idaho soon. If any of you live in the west, check out his
ECHL side.  Tonight the Steelheads play the Alaska Aces, who feature
ex-Mainers Barrett and Chris Heisten, and Peter Metcalf. They are the top
two teams in their division.  Frank Doyle is currently in the AHL with the
Albany River Rats. With Mo's rise to the NHL, that about covers our recent
goaltenders, except those already in the NHL. I will try to update on
ex-Black Bears who come through Reading on ECHL teams this season. Cheers.
Bruce Hale, ex-Director of Academic Support Services for Student-Athletes,
UMaine 98-03

Bruce D. Hale, Ph.D.
Penn State Berks
Dept. of Kinesiology