ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Lindsay Huntoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 17:57:38 -0500
Allow me to chime in...

If we start referring to the University as UMaine, will they have auditions
to fill out the now "naked 6"

As an outsider, I prefer Maine over UMaine over UMO, etc...  I think most
people can tell whether or not you're talking about the state or the
university.

The main campus of my alma mater, Rutgers (or as Dan call it ... the wimpy
school without a hockey team), is located in New Brunswick, NJ, but also has
campuses in Camden and Newark.  Those schools are called Rutgers/Camden and
Rutgers/Newark, but the New Brunswick site is simply referred to as Rutgers.
There was a move afoot to change the name to New Jersey State University.
Fortunately that fell by the wayside -- in my mind, it makes UMO sound
really good!!

-------
Lindsay A. Huntoon
Let's Go Maine Black Bears