UROCK Archives

Univ College Rockland Students

UROCK@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Meehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:24:06 -0500
As I write this, the rain is pelting the window and there's 10" of fresh snow and sleet in the driveway.  There is no sign of a plow so I still do not know what to expect regarding any cancellations tomorrow (Mon).  However, IF we have a delayed start or no school in the AM, we will call students regarding plans for makeup exams for those classes that are missed due to weather.

This is a reminder that the drama class will put on its final performance tomorrow, Monday, December 17th at 7:30PM (weather permitting, of course)  We'll have cookies and cider to warm up the audience for the entertaining series of one acts.  It should be great!

Please stay tuned for more information about OPPORTUNITY MAINE which is a tax credit for every year you live and work in Maine after graduation from college while you are making student loan payments.  The tax credit takes effect in January of 2008 and we'll keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Bev and I often receive information regarding internship opportunities from local agencies.  Please check in with us if you are struggling to find a placement in the spring term.

Please say hello to Paula Moody, our new evening staff person.  Paula will work from 5:30 to 7:30PM in the office as evening classes get started each weekday.

And, finally, enjoy the break between semesters.  We'll look forward to your return for the January term.  We will have reduced office hours over the holiday hours.  Please note these changes which are posted on the website and on signs at URock.

Deborah Meehan, Director
University College at Rockland
91 Camden Street, Suite 402
Rockland, ME 04841