ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 07:29:44 -0700
Coach Tortorella will be the first Black Bear on the
Cup.  From NHL.com
(http://nhl.com/hockeyu/history/cup/fun_facts.html),
the Stanley Cup:

"Is the only trophy in professional sports that has
the names of winning players, coaches, management and
club staff engraved on the silver chalice"

Corkum (w/ NJ), Snow (w/ PHI) and Kariya (w/ ANA) all
came up short.

Congrats to the Bolts and to Coach Tortorella.

ken