ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Bob Fitta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:28:40 -0500
WOW, What a Weekend!!!!

Observations from the Fleet, where we did not have the benefit of
seeing the statistics was that UMASS was winning some key face-offs, so
was surprised at the difference after watching some of the game on
tape!

Which leads me to a request.  I set my VCR to tape 4 1/2 hours, mea
culpa!  Missed the last 2 minutes of the second overtime and all of the
third, anybody have this on tape and have the ability to make a
copy????  Would like to see that on tape.

As many of us on hand can attest this was one excruciating weekend.
Never able to relax, but this team plays in their zone so very well,
and for the most part does not allow second chances!

Thomas Pock was scary every time he headed up the ice, and Prestin Ryan
proved that he is one of the best d-men we have ever had!

Great to see the hard work put in by the 4th line pay off, and for a
kid like Cam Lyall in his senior season to be a part of Maine history.
To say Ben Murphy was overdue is an understatement and the way he was
lugging the puck up ice all night and how well that line had played
truly was a case of hardwork paying off!

Jimmy Howard was fabulous and while I was certainly disappointed that
Frank did not get to play, Jimmy was the right call.

Looking forward to driving to Albany on Friday, now if the guys could
put a 4 spot on the board in the next couple of games, maybe we could
enjoy sitting on the entire seat for a game instead of wearing out the
edge of it!

Please email me if you have a tape you can copy for me.

Thanks,

Bob Fitta '83

Bob Fitta
Director of Advertising