ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Wayne T. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:16:20 EDT
Congratulations, Jon!

It's good to hear the price ($16/game, $18 for the 2 tourney days)

I suppose one might speculate that with students/public not quite
filling the Alfond for most games, and faced with a need to increase
revenue, they could have increased ticket prices ....  or sold (300)
more season tickets and kept the price the same.  Nice call, if so!

But this does dispel the waiting list mystique and the notion that there
were lots of people wanting season tix and willing to donate an
additional $500/seat.

Nero and Whitehead are going to have to find some serious money in the
coming years if the program is to remain at least where we have become
accustomed.

cheers ,wayne