From:
Mike Patten <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Patten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:11:19 -0400
so in this case shouldn't this mean it should be a goal. as the replay
clearly showed the puck hit the blade somewhere at a height of the dasher
which is well below 4 ft? and as the blade was basically flat to the ice at
the point it to was below 4 ft. at hsbc the dashers are at 42"...
any in any case you can remove the camera angle from the equation by noting
that the stick was below the letters on the players jersey when the contact
was made... 6ft player on skates bent over feet apart.. that puts 4ft just
about exactly at his cornell letters or above..

so for all the debating there is no way the official had any visual
evidence that was conclusive
that anything occurred over 4ft with what the replays showed..
my question is what were the ref and the replay judge talking about for so
long after the call came down? a 2 minute discussion that had to be about
rules of some kind that explanation could have cleared alot up.. had this
been the nfl or ncaa b-ball it would be discussed to death, but hockey it
will just disappear...

but its no worse a call than the one CU got against Lake Superior in albany
about 10 years ago that also cost them a chance to get to the final
4  where a goal was taken away...

guess we CU fans have too long memories for our own good...