ME-HOCKEY Archives

The Maine Hockey Discussion List

ME-HOCKEY@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:52:55 -0800
> I AM a Jimmy fan, but I am also realsitic, I think.  i understand wyh
> Jimmy was pulled aginast UMass ... but pleawse exp[lain to me why he
> started teh next night?  Doyle had 2 shut outs against them this
> season.

As I understand it, Whitehead felt that Doyle also gave up a key soft
goal when he relieved Howard in the first game, also letting the team
down.  So he gave Jimmy another shot to start the next game.

I too thought the decision was questionable, but at this point it
doesn't really matter.  Whitehead will start the goalie that has played
the best and with the most poise these last two weeks in practice.

Either goalie should be fine if the defense plays well in front of
them.

Another problem that has nothing to do with these guys is scoring
goals.  Wayne said MONTHS AGO he was concerned about offensive
production and that has also been a big problem down the stretch.  We
will need to score at least 4 goals Saturday to win I think.

=====
Deron Treadwell -- [log in to unmask]
http://www.blackbears.net

GOD BLESS OUR BRAVE SOLIDERS!