EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Jon & Anne Weidler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 23:21:30 -0600
From: Jon & Anne Weidler <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu Mar 6, 2003  11:17:23  PM America/Chicago
To: - Ezra Pound discussion list of the University of Maine
Subject: Re: bloody violence and resignation in The Wanderer (Was Re:
metaphysics in "The Wanderer")

My.  I did not expect this kind of vitriolic explosion -- Tim asked a
question about Buddhism and the Wanderer that I tried, in my own
limited way, to address.  Perhaps others noticed: I approached the
issue in good faith, and his response was entirely inappropriate to the
tone of my original comment.

Tim: I apologize for addressing you, and I assure you it will not
happen again.  If the other members of the list are as offended by my
offhand comments as youare, I trust they'll inform me.  In the event
that few share your opinion, this spectacle of spleen has been nothing
but an isolated misfortune, and I'll do my best not to let it ruin my
day.

Jon