EPOUND-L Archives

EPOUND-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:25:33 -0700
Jon

Your (4) and (5) would only slide into the first three if deliberately
connected by someone's version of a secret history.

Yeats was an experimental occultist.  Pound was not.  Pound often made fun
of Yeats experiments.

I think Pound  was a speculative occultist.  The word "speculative" is a
deliberately ambivalent word with a lot of gray and slide room.  Surette
tends towards a hard main line, though still not experimental, definition of
Pound's occultism whereas I would emphasize the speculative nature of it.
As I study it more and more I tend more and more to Surette's point of view.

Rick Seddon
McIntosh, NM